October 1, 2018 (Highlands, NC)Old Edwards Hospitality Group (OEHG) has purchased a 160-acre tract of land in the Norton Community of Cashiers, NC, and has broken ground on a wellness and agrihood community, with a targeted opening date of Fall 2019.
The land, historically known as Burt Farm, borders the Old Edwards Club at Highlands Cove. The new community has been named GlenCove by Old Edwards, after the Scottish word glen meaning a narrow valley among the highlands. The community is also just minutes from the pristine mountain lake recreation area of Lake Glenville with beaches, islands and waterfalls.
The land at GlenCove rolls along verdant hills and extends into mountains surrounded by the national-forest areas of Shortoff and Yellow Mountain. Hiking trails lead directly from the property into the national forest along with creeks from pristine headwaters. Stocked trailside shelters will be part of the GlenCove hiking experience. The GlenCove homesites that run along the ridgeline will have exquisite year-round views of the forest and mountains.
The pedestrian-friendly GlenCove will be developed with nature and serenity in mind by designing around topographical features like cliffs and hills to lend privacy to each of the amenities and residential areas. This multigenerational lifestyle is also designed to give younger generations like Millennials a community where they can feel comfortable purchasing homes, starting their own traditions and spending time with generations of family in the setting of a national forest playground.
Experiences will include:
- Organic Community Garden & Farm
- Fitness & Wellness Center with Spa Services
- Fishing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Paddle Boarding at the Community Lake
- Hiking Trails and Streams Throughout the Glen and Mountains
- National Forest Playground Adjoining the Property
- Adventure Cove Kid's Camp with Playground, Fort and Programmed Activities
- Entertainment and Recreation Barn with Games, Bowling Lanes and Golf Simulator Lounge
- Lighted 12-Hole, Par 3 Golf Course and Putting Course
- World-Class Short-Game Practice Area
- 25-Yard Lap Pool with Kids' Splash Pad
- Multi-Purpose Recreation Courts and Croquet
- On-Site Food Truck as well as Grab-and-Go Items at the Outfitter and Adventure Center
- Access to The Grill Room Restaurant and Dining Pavilion at Old Edwards Club, which Adjoins the GlenCove Community
Plans for the residential component include cottages in the glen with walking access to all the amenities, and mountain home lots cascading along the ridge with mountain and golf views.
OEHG President and Managing Director Richard Delany says, "GlenCove by Old Edwards will be the first community of its kind in the Highlands/Cashiers area of Western North Carolina. This unique property is storied with history, and the land is an ecological treasure. The homesites, farm, gardens, golf course and overall experience will embody the serene beauty and the feeling of living close to nature with no boundaries. Great efforts will be undertaken to protect and enhance the lush terrain and pristine forest that characterize this magnificent stretch of land. Parts of the community itself are protected wetlands."
The golf course at GlenCove is being designed by Beau Welling Design Groupfrom Greenville, SC.
Highlands, NC architectural firm Edgens Herzog Architects, is designing plans for the cottages.
For a brochure, property tours or to reserve a cottage or home site, contact:
Kati Miller at 828-200-1254 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Blake at 828-226-3030 | email@example.com