- Old Edwards Club golf course water stations replace bottled water
- Sustainable farms with organic vegetable and herb gardens
- Natural composting at Old Edwards gardens
- Old Edwards employees participate in annual Highlands Plateau Pick-Up, removing litter from area roads and highways.
- The Spa at Old Edwards uses 100% compostable plant-based cups, lemon/antioxidant water stations replace bottled water, herbs from Old Edwards gardens for seasonal treatments, candles with rechargeable batteries, and washcloths replace paper towels. They clean, sterilize and reuse hair brushes, combs and slippers, close curtains in wintertime to conserve heat, provide on-site training to reduce carbon footprint, and donate unsold merchandise to local charities.
- Reuse of office paper for internal printing
- Paper straws or hay straws available resort wide
- Paper shredding, cardboard, glass, plastic and grease recycling bins resort wide. Packing materials reused or sent to Highlands Business Spot for recycling.
- Water stations and reusable bottles replace plastic water bottles across property
- Optional linen change every other day offered to guests
- Energy-efficient light bulbs
- Ban on Styrofoam, polystyrene products and internal to-go cup use
- Any extra wine used in stocks and sauces
- Use local suppliers when possible to reduce carbon footprint
Training & Management
- Posted literature to promote guests' involvement
- Internal Green Team
- Continued research and purchasing from green companies
- Conducted Energy Assessment with the help of Waste Reduction Partners
- Partnered with Western Carolina University's Natural Resource Conservation and Management Program 2017 senior class for a research project focused on uncovering new approaches to green hospitality