Sleeping well is a vital part of living well. Resolve to take care of yourself in the New Year.
Real Simple Magazine shared, "One of the most important recent findings is that sleep is essentially like bringing in the overnight cleaning crew to clear the toxic waste proteins that accumulate between brain cells during the day. Dr. Maiken Nedergaard, a co-director of the Center for Translational Neuromedicine at the University of Rochester, has studied the mechanism underlying these functions. ‘It's like a dishwasher,' she said. Just as we wouldn't eat off dirty dishes, why should we settle for going through the day with anything less than the full power and potential of our brains?"
Start off 2019 with the intention of making it your best self-care yet. Follow these tips to gift yourself with a good night's sleep:
- Wrap up with a beautiful Barefoot Dreams blanket, that's extra soft and cozy for a comfortable night's sleep.
- Diffuse essential oils in your bedroom, enhancing your restful space. Look around and find things that make you feel good.
- Unwind before bed, taking a warm bath with a bath balm, creating an atmosphere of relaxation prior to sleep.
- Cleanse with a black clay body scrub to keep skin fresh so your body's largest organ can breathe and purify throughout the night.
- Eliminate light to help reach a deeper, more natural sleep with a silk sleeping mask.
- Be reminded of sleep's importance to your well-being with a fun canvas tote bag.
Get the powerful products that support sleep today by calling (828) 526-9887 or dropping by The Spa Boutique, located in Highlands, NC at 16 Church Street.