Valentine's Day Celebration at Old Edwards Inn and Spa
(Highlands, NC) Love is in the air at Old Edwards Inn and Spa this February 14 through 16 as Old Edwards celebrates Valentine’s Day.
- Guests can enjoy a cozy evening by the fire in the Hummingbird Lounge followed by a romantic dinner for two in Madison's with a special Valentine's menu Thursday, February 14 through Saturday, February 16 from 6pm to 9pm.
- Arrange to have flowers, champagne, cheese trays, beautiful handmade chocolate arrangements or other surprises waiting in the room or suite.
- At Madison’s, have flowers from Oakleaf Flower and Garden or an Old Edwards gift card delivered right to the table.
- Visit Acorns Boutique where select jewelry is 20 - 75% off during Valentine’s weekend.
- At The Spa, indulge in the Rainforest Rejuvenation for two or the Bliss for Two Couples Massage, featuring Epicuren Discovery Love Potion # 5, in the Bliss for Two Treatment Room.
- Enjoy special cocktails all weekend and live music in Hummingbird Lounge Friday and Saturday from 6pm with Maestro and Cy Timmons.
Guests can also pick up a romantic movie from the front desk to enjoy in the comfort of their own room with a popcorn and wine or beer package for two.
To reserve today, call 866-787-2625. For more information, visit oldedwardsinn.com/ValentinesCelebration.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (oldedwardsinn.com)
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America for 2010 with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States for 2011
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #4 Hotel in The United States
- Condé Nast Johansen’s Most Excellent Inn in the US and Canada 2008
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
The Falls Cottages are the newest addition to Old Edwards and can now be booked for stays beginning in July 2013. Constructed of native wood and stone and featuring the sumptuous comforts and fine details that characterize all Old Edwards accommodations, they offer the perfect ambiance of rustic elegance. The Falls Cottages surround an outdoor heated mineral pool and whirlpool with lush landscaping and a freestanding fireplace for cozy gatherings. They are just steps away from the Lodge Lobby and Bar, the Kelsey Game Room, the Croquet Lawn, another outdoor heated mineral pool, whirlpool and poolside bar and cabana. The multi-bedroom cottages feature common living areas and can be opened up as full cottages, making them perfect for groups or family gatherings.