Old Edwards Inn and Spa Hosts Celebrate Spain Weekend February 3 – 4, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Amanda Sullivan, 828-200-0650
Old Edwards Inn and Spa Hosts Celebrate Spain Weekend
February 3 – 4, 2012
(Highlands, N.C.) Sizzle with the sights, sounds, flavors and romance of Spain in this colorful weekend at Old Edwards Inn and Spa. Tapas, Tango, Flamenco guitar and more February 3 – 4, 2012. Sample sumptuous Spanish items on Madison’s menu and in the Hummingbird Lounge, including Spanish inspired desserts and a tasty assortment of tapas.
Celebrate Spain with Flamenco guitarist Aris Quiroga Nieto on Friday and Saturday evenings. Aris ensnares his listeners in a wonderful world chock full of melody & infectious vibes. Hailing from Bogota, Quiroga has spent his life learning, teaching, composing, & performing guitar, completely immersing himself into a world steeped in rich musical tradition & theory. A clear veteran of the stage, the Bogota musician has over 25 years experience performing in countries from the Netherlands to Puerto Rico, including shows on national television & radio.
Celebrate Spain Weekend Activities:
- Relax to the unique melody & infectious vibes of Flamenco guitarist Aris Quiroga Nieto in the Hummingbird Lounge Friday and Saturday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Order an assortment of colorful Tapas from a special menu in Hummingbird Lounge.
- Sample Spanish Items on Madison’s menu, including scrumptious desserts.
- Develop your Spanish Wine & Cheese palate with a complimentary tasting in Hummingbird Lounge, Saturday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Sip Spanish-inspired beverages throughout the resort, including Old Edwards Signature Sangria.
Get your Tango on with Joe Extine, professional ballroom instructor. Sip complimentary Cava and learn the saucy moves of this sensuous dance on Saturday, February 4 from 11 am to Noon and 2 pm to 3 pm.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (www.oldedwardsinn.com)
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America for 2010 with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States for 2011
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- Condé Nast Johansen’s Most Excellent Inn in the US and Canada 2008
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
Also introduced in 2009 was Satulah, Old Edwards Private Residences, which includes 14 luxury mountain homes just two blocks off Main Street, Highlands. The Forbes Four-Star, AAA Four-Diamond resort is located at 445 Main Street in Highlands, NC.