Love is in the Air…And on the Palate for Old Edwards’ Romance Weekend Finca Decero Wine Dinner
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Amanda Sullivan, 828-200-0650
Love is in the Air…And on the Palate
for Old Edwards’ Romance Weekend Finca Decero Wine Dinner
(Highlands, N.C.) Old Edwards Inn and Spa is planning a Finca Decero Wine Dinner Saturday, January 21, 2012 as part of Highlands Romance Weekend. The Farm at Old Edwards will set the perfect backdrop for a fun and festive wine dinner.
A four-course meal prepared by Executive Chef Johannes Klapdohr will be paired with Finca Decero wines. The menu will include items like Bacon Wrapped Quail “Wellington” with Elderberry Jam, Carpaccio of Venison with Acacia Honey, Minus 8 Balsamic and Dried Cherries, Curry Dusted Diver Scallops on Champagne Beet Puree with Blood Orange and Grapefruit Ragout, Fennel Tempura, Citrus Coriander and much more.
Finca Decero, once a bare patch of soil in the Argentine foothills of the Andes, is now a one-of-a-kind vineyard, where each vine is nurtured by hand and winemaking is without compromise. Having started ‘from scratch’, as Decero means, Finca Decero has adopted a sustainable and sensitive approach so the unique natural attributes of Remolinos Vineyard shine through in each vineyard wine.
The Wine Dinner is one of many events planned for Highlands Romantic Weekend. Love will be in the air with special events around town, like:
• FREE Bubbly Reception with Live Entertainment in the Hummingbird Lounge
• FREE Small Group Tango Lessons at Old Edwards
• Late-Night Dining at Local Restaurants
• FREE Guided Hikes and Historic Walking Tours at Old Edwards
• Couples Spa Specials at Old Edwards
Seating at the wine dinner is limited. To schedule your romantic weekend, call 828-787-2625 or visit www.oldedwardsinn.com/RomanceWeekend.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (www.oldedwardsinn.com)
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America for 2010 with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States for 2011
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- Condé Nast Johansen’s Most Excellent Inn in the US and Canada 2008
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
Also introduced in 2009 was Satulah, Old Edwards Private Residences, which includes 14 luxury mountain homes just two blocks off Main Street, Highlands. The Forbes Four-Star, AAA Four-Diamond resort is located at 445 Main Street in Highlands, NC.