Flamenco Guitarist Aris Quiroga Nieto Returns for Celebrate Spain Weekend February 22 – 24, 2013
The highlight of Celebrate Spain Weekend is Flamenco guitarist Aris Quiroga Nieto on Friday and Saturday evenings. Aris ensnares his listeners in a wonderful world chock full of melody & infectious vibes. Hailing from Bogota, Quiroga has spent his life learning, teaching, composing, & performing guitar, completely immersing himself into a world steeped in rich musical tradition & theory. A clear veteran of the stage, the Bogota musician has over 25 years of experience performing in countries from the Netherlands to Puerto Rico, including shows on national television and radio.
Celebrate Spain Weekend Activities:
- Relax to the unique melody and infectious vibes of Flamenco guitarist Aris Quiroga Nieto in the Hummingbird Lounge Friday and Saturday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Enjoy an assortment of colorful Tapas in Hummingbird Lounge.
- Sample Spanish Items in Madison’s Restaurant, including scrumptious desserts.
- Develop your Spanish Wine palate with a complimentary tasting in Hummingbird Lounge, Saturday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Sip Spanish-inspired beverages throughout the resort, including Old Edwards Signature Sangria.
- Get your Tango on with Joe Extine, professional ballroom instructor. Learn the saucy moves of this sensuous dance on Saturday, February 23 from 11 am to Noon and 2 pm to 3 pm.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (oldedwardsinn.com)
- 2013 Travel and Leisure World’s Best Hotels List
- 2013 Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List
- 2013 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #14 Hotel in The United States
- 2012 Southern Living South’s Coziest Inn
- 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #4 Hotel in The United States
- 2012 Travel and Leisure a Top 50 Resort
- 2012 Travel and Leisure #9 Most Romantic Hotel in The United States
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- 2011 Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2010 Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- 2008 Condé Nast Johansen’s Most Excellent Inn in the US and Canada
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
The Falls Cottages are the newest addition to Old Edwards and can now be booked for stays beginning in July 2013. Constructed of native wood and stone and featuring the sumptuous comforts and fine details that characterize all Old Edwards accommodations, they offer the perfect ambiance of rustic elegance. The Falls Cottages surround an outdoor heated mineral pool and whirlpool with lush landscaping and a freestanding fireplace for cozy gatherings. They are just steps away from the Lodge Lobby and Bar, the Kelsey Game Room, the Croquet Lawn, another outdoor heated mineral pool, whirlpool and poolside bar and cabana. The multi-bedroom cottages feature common living areas and can be opened up as full cottages, making them perfect for groups or family gatherings.