“200 Main by Old Edwards Hospitality” to Open in June
Property Currently Undergoing Complete Renovations
(Highlands, NC) Old Edwards Hospitality Group announces the planned opening of its new property, 200 Main, in June 2014. The 49-room facility on Main Street that previously did business as “Mountain High Lodge” is undergoing major renovations, to include:
- A “mountain chic” remodel of all guestrooms and bathrooms, incorporating plantation shutters on windows, hardwood floors in guestrooms and heated marble floors in bathrooms
- The addition of an hourglass-shaped outdoor heated mineral pool
- Renovation of the former breakfast room to serve as a relaxing social area with fireplaces, conversational seating, and spaces for guests to charge and use their mobile devices
- The addition of an outdoor patio off the gathering room
- The redesign of the lobby to make it more spacious and functional as a guest area
- The redesign of the hillside water feature to integrate with the new patio and landscaping
- Exterior enhancements including new guestroom doors, a new paint color and a new tin roof
- An interior meeting space
200 Main rates will range from $110 to $185 per night. The hotel will feature three room types—some with private balconies and fireplaces—which can be adjoined for group or family travel. There is also one full suite which is undergoing some additional enhancements for aesthetics and functionality.
Old Edwards Hospitality Group President Richard Delany says, “We see 200 Main as a way to provide a casual lodging alternative for guests who come to Highlands for events, recreation or for golf at Old Edwards Club but are not looking for the full-service resort experience. Our plan is to market 200 Main to a somewhat younger demographic, like visitors who have discovered Highlands while planning or attending a wedding here. We will continue to market the spa resort to guests looking for spacious luxury, highly personalized service and abundant property amenities while on vacation.”
200 Main will offer retail wine sales in the lobby; complimentary coffee, fruit and muffins in the morning; and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property. Guest of 200 Main will have access to golf at the private Old Edwards Club as well as “The Grill Room” full-service bar and restaurant at the club.
As with Old Edwards Inn and Spa—which received North Carolina’s first Green Travel Award in 2010— 200 Main will also have an eco-flare, incorporating green features and operations where possible, through things like recycling, ecofriendly bath amenities and radiant heating in floors. Delany says, “We are fortunate live and do business in a beautiful, bio-diverse environment, and we want to be good stewards of that. Currently, the Highlands Nature Center receives $1 from every reservation booked at Old Edwards. We are finalizing discussions on how to bring that value to the community through the new 200 Main as well.”
The 200 Main renovation is being conducted by John Lupoli, Inc. Builders of Highlands.
The hotel will be available for booking in March 2014, for stays beginning in June. Booking will be available through www.oldedwardsinn.com/200Main or by calling 828-787-2625.